Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Team Miley

Everyone who owns electronic devices such as a cell phone or laptop/computer has heard of Rebecca Black and her unescapably catchy song "Friday."
Although "Friday" is not catchy in what I would say a pleasing way, because of the bad editing and Black's monotomic sounding voice that has obviously not been auto-tuned to perfection, the song grows on you.
When I first heard it a few weeks ago, I immediatly closed the YouTube page after about eleven seconds. In those few moments I was already annoyed with the tune and cheesy music video.
Alot of celebrities have praised Rebecca, suprising I think. Stars like Lady Gaga, Nick Jonas, Ryan Seacrest, and even billboard.com gave Black a promising review.

Our girl Miley stepped up to the press and gave her two cents on @MsRebbecaBlack.
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/miley-cyrus-bashes-rebecca-black--2011303

I think she has a point.
I don't understand how someone who just posts a video, a bad video, attracts so much attention that she appears on The Jay Leno Show, interviewed by MTV, and says that she wants to collaborate with Justin Bieber.


Taylor Swift.
Lady Gaga.
Usher.
Justin is up here..
























Esperanza Spalding.
Rebbeca you are down here.

I'm not sure if you're on the path to super stardom, but chill out. A badly produced song is not the way to start out a career.



Ashley out.

No comments:

Post a Comment